Expect 15 new Capcom titles to make their debut on the Nintendo Virtual Console later this year.
Here’s the list of everything confirmed for a North American release in 2014:
- Breath of Fire (Wii U)
- Demon’s Crest (Wii U)
- Gargoyle’s Quest II (3DS, Wii U)
- Mega Man 5 (Wii U)
- Mega Man 6 (Wii U)
- Mega Man 7 (Wii U)
- Mega Man X3 (Wii U)
- Mega Man Zero (Wii U)
- Mega Man Battle Network (Wii U)
- Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (Wii U)
- Mighty Final Fight (3DS, Wii U)
- Street Fighter 2010 (3DS, Wii U)
There are also a few titles with a TBD release date, so who knows when those are coming.
That list includes:
- Mega Man Zero 2
- Mega Man Battle Network 2
- Mega Man Battle Network 3
I give my nod of approval for Street Fighter 2010, Mega Man Battle Network, and Breath of Fire. It’s pretty incredible that Capcom’s still so adamant about pushing the old Mega Man games to a digital download format. Not complaining – just impressed by the staying power of the franchise and Capcom’s dedication to keeping the series alive.
Now if only they had the same attitude toward some of their other projects.